This service is only available if we can connect to your Windows laptop or PC remotely.
We'll test this with you firstly.
Our steps and processes to complete the Initial Check are as follows:
1. Connect to computer remotely. From here on, you'll be able to see what we do as we work on your computer.
2. Ask you to register for your Initial Check(s) if you haven't already done so.
3. We'll continue to work on your computer(s). We'll stay in touch with you via your computer, but you are otherwise welcome to do other stuff instead. We'll call you if we have any queries.
4. Check Anti Virus (AV). Check AV schedules. Reconfigure AV if necessary. If no AV then offer to install helpcomputing's CloudCare anti-virus.
5. Check Windows Firewall, or other firewall is on.
6. Check Windows Update is working. Set to automatically update weekly.
7. Check User logon privileges. Recommend accordingly.
8. Wrap up. If you have taken up our helpcomputing CloudCare anti-virus then we will integrate this with your monitoring so that we can also monitor your Anti-Virus too.
In rare cases, we may discover that your computer has a serious problem that our Initial Check service cannot fix. This may be impending problems with your computer, or perhaps a virus that has already taken hold of your computer.
Being fair, and because we like being fair, we'll do the following:
* Show you why we think your computer has a problem.
* If we weren't able to complete the Initial Check because of the problem, offer you a full refund. And always be happy to leave it at that. We like being fair.
* Be happy to offer you a Service Option instead, if we feel we can fix the problem remotely, and charging you the difference. That is, the Service cost less the cost of the Initial Check.
* Or be happy to offer you the Repair Option (if this is available in your location) if the problem cannot be resolved remotely, charging you the difference between the cost of the Repair and the cost of the Initial Check.
Credit and debit card details
Neither helpcomputing.net, nor Cairos Computing Limited store your financial details. Purchases made via this website are processed by PayPal and we have no method of storing or retrieving your credit or debit card details. If you use your credit or debit card in person then the reader we use has no method whereby your card details are stored.
This means that once you have passed your credit or debit card details to us, it is only used for the purpose of completing your transaction with us. Once your transaction has completed, your credit or debit card details are not retained.
Copyright 2010 Cairos Computing Limited
helpcomputing is a trading style of Cairos Computing Ltd